Welcome to Arley Arboretum
Normal Opening hours are 10am until 5pm, Wednesday to Sunday
All Arboretum Day Passes must be pre booked using the link below:
Online booking allows us to stagger arrival times across the day, minimising queuing on arrival. It also allows us to keep a close eye on capacity and ensure visitor numbers remain at a manageable level.
Your contact details will be taken at the point of booking and stored to aid for track and trace purposes.
- Adults (16 years and over): £6
- Children 3-15 years: £3 including interactive trail (given on arrival).
- Under 3 years: Free of charge
- Dogs*: Free of charge
On arrival at the arboretum please make your way to the kiosk or tearoom where we will check you against our pre-booked visitor list. Please retain your booking confirmation until you have completed your visit.
* Well behaved dogs on leads are always welcome (Please use bins provided to clean up after your 4 legged friend).
Annual passes, RHS Members and Gardeners World 2 for 1
Please click here to book your timeslot on line.
RHS Members – Free entry Fridays Only
Gardeners World – 2 adults for the price of one Wednesday to Saturday
Annual Pass – Wednesday to Sunday, normal opening hours (excludes special events).
2021 Annual Passes
A reinforced overflow parking area is available on the left hand side of the drive before the second cattle grid.
It is sign posted, although the signs often get knocked down by vehicles and sheep!
Please do not park on any part of the righthand side of the drive way as you approach the main Arboretum entrance. There are specimen trees in this area with fragile root systems; as well as 2 access points which must be available at all times.
Parking on the lawns after the cattle grid is prohibited as these are maintained lawn areas and vehicle damage causes many hours of work for our small gardening team.
Tea Room Menu
There will be a range of hot and cold drinks, homemade cake, Ice Creams and light bites available to purchase on the day. You will be given a menu at the point of entrance.
Counter guards will be in place and food prepared in the kitchen will be bought to your table. Please ensure your number is visible.
All payments must be contactless.
Help us to be Covid Secure
Tea room and kiosk
Please use the designated one-way systems at these facilities.
We ask when queuing, that a maximum of 2 people from any household queue at any one time.
Please wear your face covering and sanitise your hands before approaching any of our counters.
Use the one way system for entering and exiting the terrace when using the toilet facilities.
The toilets will be open with a queuing system in place. As the toilets are small, you must only enter them a household at a time.
Toilet queuing areas will be clearly marked and signs will be displayed to remind you to keep your social distance.
Please use the sanitiser as you enter the toilets and wash your hands with soap and water when you leave.
All of our staff will follow enhanced cleaning routines throughout the day, ensuring all contact points are sanitised thoroughly and regularly.
We will also wash our hands properly and regularly and we will ask all our visitors to do the same.
Please be aware: We may need to close any one of our facilities at short notice to take time to clean and sanitise. We will communicate with you at the designated time, when this happens.
Children’s play area
The play area will be open with social distancing guidelines in place:
- A maximum of 2 household groups on the equipment at any one time. This is to reduce the risk of transmission via contact areas.
- No more than 1 parent to accompany each child on the equipment and a total maximum capacity of 12 people in the play area at any time.
- Please be courteous to one another, wait for someone to leave the play area before you enter and be mindful of the time you are playing if you can see others waiting.
- We will sanitise all equipment every morning but request that you and your children sanitise your hands before and after using the equipment.
- Please ensure you have your own sanitiser/wipes to use in this area.
We remind you that children must always be supervised by you to ensure that they are also adhering to social distancing measures.
The maze will now be open for you to use at your discretion. If you choose to use the maze please ensure you carefully follow the guidelines below;
- Wear a face covering for all of the time you are in the maze.
- Use junctions and passing points to give way to oncoming groups.
- Avoid spreading out and remain in your groups as you wander around the paths to reduce the number of times you have to pass by other users.
Courtesy to other visitors
As a small number of our ancient paths are narrow, there maybe areas where you will need to give way to other people.
Please also remember to social distance and give way to one another when passing through confined areas such as the archway entrances and gateways, as well as entering and exiting the toilet.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Safe journey and see you soon.
Download Our Leaflet & Map of the Arboretum
Explore the Arboretum
Arley Arboretum is home to some of the most stunning gardens found anywhere in the UK.
From our play area to our adventure trails, there's so much for Arley Kids to see and do!
With regular events for families and kids, there's always something happening at Arley Arboretum!
Purchase an Annual Passs and enjoy the stunning seasonal beauty of Arley Arboretum all year round.